Miniature Christmas Tree in a Stone Mustard Pot
This product comes with FREE delivery within Australia only and is not available to purchase internationally.
The sweetest, vintage-inspired tabletop Christmas trees designed to decorate your larder, pantry, breakfast table, mantel, kitchen dresser or benchtop.
I've made only two of these miniature trees, 'planted' in my very cherished collection of French stone mustard pots from Pommery.
They are set with plaster in the base so are quite heavy and can withstand some decently weighted decorations.
Each tree measures about 45-47cm high and about 8cm wide at the pot base.
Each tree will arrive undecorated. Any decorations in the photographs are not included.
These trees are designed to be quite sparse and spindly in the tradition of Victorian trees and will need arranging on arrival. I think they look most poetic bending downwards, while the wire branches bend back easily at the tips to keep decorations in place.
Of course there are countless ideas for decorating your miniature tree, but here are some simple ideas that are beyond your traditional Christmas ornaments:
- Use it as an Advent calendar by attaching small numbered envelopes, or individually wrapped sweets, with little wooden pegs;
- Hang some small dried orange slices or gingerbread biscuits as edible decorations;
- String some popcorn and hang as a garland or make a miniature paper chain by stapling torn strips of music sheet or the yellowing pages of an old paperback;
- For a truly culinary theme, hang a set of mini cookie cutters, or tiny pots of jam/Nutella or toy-sized utensils with pretty ribbon;
- Simple scraps of linen fabric tied into bows on each branch can look charming on their own!
Please note: none of my Christmas trees are suitable for children.